Impact Loading and Failure of Structures and Materials
Impact loading of structures and materials has always been a key research focus in computational mechanics as well as experimental sciences. Due to the increase demand globally for safety and security level in the past two decades, there is an increasing interest of developing structures and materials subjected to a dynamic loading. These structures are of relevance to personal protection, accident safety, and structural security. Advancing the fundamental research and applied technologies associated with materials and structures under impact loading and demonstrating their extreme performance is the key for guarantee safety design. Developing the science and technology protective structuresis high interests to infrastructures and facilities. This symposium aims to bring researchers from international communities to discuss and demonstrate the challenges in analyzing, characterizing, optimizing and testing structures and materials subjected to impact events. It will provide an excellent opportunity not only to show the state of the art but also to present future research trends in this area. Moreover, researchers joining this symposium will have the opportunity to establish collaborative ideas and opportunities that may lead to ground breaking works in impact analysis.
Scope and Topics:
The list of topics includes but is not limited to:
· Material behavior at high strain rates (lightweight alloys, composites, polymers, metals, foams, ceramics, biomaterials);
· Structure failure under impact, energy absorption systems and crashworthiness;
· Advanced dynamic experiment techniques;
· Modeling and numerical analysis under impact loading;
· Vehicle safety (automotive, railways, aerospace, motorcycles etc.);
· New materials for proactive structures;
· Biomechanics related to dynamic loading;
· Materials optimization and structure development.
Program Committee Chairs:
Prof. Cheng Wang, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China.
Dr. Jitang FAN, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China.